Gas Prices

Posted by Pink is God's | 9:55 PM | 3 comments »


Let me just ask this one question: When are gas prices going to get too high for us to be able to afford gas? Is there any limit to what we can afford? Okay, I'm sorry, that's two questions. I remember back in 1998 driving through Oklahoma and seeing gas, are you ready for this, at $.69/gallon! I'm not lying. I stopped and bought some because I wanted to say at one point in my life to my grandchildren, (speak out loud in your best old person voice) "I remember when gas was $.69 a gallon!" What are our kids going to say when they become grandparents, (again in your best old person voice) "I remember when gas was $5.95 a gallon!"?

So in the comment section below please tell us what is the highest you think you would pay for gallon of gasoline. I'll tell you what, I'm glad I'm not delivery driving anymore!

3 comments

  1. bryan vickery // April 26, 2008 at 4:39 AM  

    $4/gal: i purchase a bike (which may be in the next few weeks)

    $5/gal: i don't drive my truck unless i need to purchase a large item

    $6/gal: i persuade my neighbors to sell half their lot, so i'll have the five acres required by law to own a horse

  2. Kris Sorensen // April 26, 2008 at 5:43 PM  

    I'm sure every family will have a different number. I think we are already seeing families cutting back on other portions of their "budgets" in order to pay the higher gas prices because they didn't anticipate how high they would go.

    There is a limit to what we can afford but I think that number will come at the expense of doing away with a lot of other stuff that is less important than gas.

    Oh - "the highest I will pay is $2.50!" - My exact words when gas was $2.20

  3. Derek Chalfant // April 28, 2008 at 12:59 PM  

    I remember when gas hit around $1.25 and thought this is gonna break me to pay that. Now it doesn't really matter what it goes up to because if I want or need to go somewhere I'll shell out whatever I have to and go on with life, complaining about it all the way to wherever I'm going but I still pay nonetheless.