Rolling Stops

Posted by Pink is God's | 5:13 PM | 4 comments »

I was at the corner of the 32 and the 1 today getting some gas at the VP and I watched as cars pulled up to the stop signs there. I was counting how many cars actually stopped, and out of the six I counted the number came to a whopping zero. We are a fast paced society. We can't even come to a complete stop at a stop sign. It does feel weird though making sure you stop all the way at a stop sign when no one else is at that four way stop. Try it next time you're out. Make sure you stop all the way and count to two. It's a really weird feeling. A really weird legal feeling.

4 comments

  1. Sue // July 29, 2008 at 6:57 PM  

    Your post reminded me of this song:

    The Accident (Things Could Be Worse)
    © John Prine

    It was a four way stop dilemma
    we all arrived the same time
    I yielded to the man to the right of me
    and he yielded it right back to mine
    well, the yield went around and around and around
    till Pamela finally tried
    just then the man in the light blue sedan
    hit Pamela's passenger side.



    Pamela hit her head on the mirror
    Mrs. Walker got a bump on the knee
    the man hit himself in the face and said
    "Why does this happen to me?"
    the neighbors came out
    and they gathered about
    saying "Hey! who hit who anyway?"
    and the police arrived at a quarter to five
    and pronounced all the victims "Okay".


    You HAVE to be a John Prine fan,(which I am pretty sure you aren't) but I thought I would share anyway...

  2. Unknown // July 29, 2008 at 7:45 PM  

    Sue- Excellent choice. One of my favorite John Prine songs.

  3. Pink is God's // July 30, 2008 at 8:12 AM  

    I'm not a fan but I enjoyed it never the less!

  4. Keym // August 19, 2008 at 8:19 PM  

    Twice I have stopped at a stop sign and waited and waited and waited for it to turn green! LOL