The Great Gender Divide

Posted by Pink is God's | 12:38 PM | 1 comments »

It never fails. Just when you think that you're going to have a great time with family and friends during the holidays the inevitable statement comes: It's time for family pictures. Now this normally wouldn't be that bad except for the fact that for some reason women think they have to become professional photographers, they have to set up some elaborate motif inside or out to get just the perfect picture. The problem is that it's never just one picture.
In my house it becomes a gigantic ordeal, taking up about two hours of our day. From setting up, to object placement, to people placement, to 142 pictures taken, to new group, to another 142 pictures taken, to the next group, to another 142 pictures taken, to object tear down, to previewing the photos, this holiday saga is everything you'd hoped a great Thanksgiving or Christmas would ever be (did you catch the sarcasm in there?).
I would put up a few pictures here for you to peruse but I'm just not in the mood, sorry. There are too many hours "invested" for me to waste anymore time waiting for pictures to load into blogger, I'll let the professional photographer in the family post those ;-)

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // December 8, 2008 at 11:20 AM  

    I've suffered the family pictures before. I know your pain, my friend.