My Oath

Posted by Pink is God's | 4:03 PM | 2 comments »

At RTCB we talked about resolutions as compared to oaths. I was just making a comment that we fail at resolutions because it is something we are doing for ourselves and it doesn't take much to fail at it. This year I made an oath to God hoping that I would take it more seriously so that I could grow in Him as much as possible. Here is my oath:

1. Read the Bible at least once this year.
2. Know God's history better by studying more this year.
3. Growing closer to God.

So far so good. I was in Genesis 8 tonight and I noticed an answer to all of those dooms day global warming folks out there. God says,

"Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done. As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease."

This was after the flood that God made this "oath". It seems to me that God is the One in charge of the earth and even if we are trying our hardest to destroy it with pollutants and such He is going to keep it going as long as He sees fit. And I know we will be long gone before the earth is worn out. God has planned out how long the earth will endure and we know how the book ends so I guess you can say we're good in the end, either by rapture or death. Yeah for us!!! Woohoo God!!!

2 comments

  1. bryan vickery // January 2, 2008 at 6:47 PM  

    Yeah... when I hear how we're causing global warming with our cars, a part of me wants to trade in my chevy 1500 for a 3500 (do they make them any bigger than that??). But then there's that whole stewardship thing that God passed to us in Genesis 1...

  2. Pink is God's // January 3, 2008 at 8:02 AM  

    Just to be clear, I'm not con stewardship, my point was just that God is in control and we can do our part to keep the earth up, but ultimately there are a whole lot of people out there that are doing their part to destroy the earth. But God will make it last. I shouldn't fear Global Warming.