Posted by Pink is God's | 7:50 PM | 0 comments »

My wife asked me tonight in the middle of a conversation why I didn't "like" Brian McLaren. And I think it's really a question of why I don't like the "Emergent" "Church". It didn't take me long to find a writing (the first one I came to) by Brian McLaren that made her understand my "problem" with stances taken by "Emergent":

http://blog.christianitytoday.com/outofur/archives/2006/01/brian_mclaren_o.html

And so in that lies the problem; whenever I read anything by Brian McLaren I wonder if he really stands for anything. Below is a response from a pastor in Seattle. He says what I would have said had I been reading McLaren's article back in Jan. of 2006.

http://blog.christianitytoday.com/outofur/archives/2006/01/brian_mclaren_o_2.html

I will be reading this pastor's blog occasionally because I like the fact that he can stand for the Bible but love people anyway. We are praying for transformed lives of sinners, whether that sin is homosexuality, lieing, gossiping, murder, slander, etc. I want to stick to Jesus' example of how to approach people, love them, give them hope, give them the answer, and tell them to go and sin no more. People didn't always like it but it was what Jesus did.

0 comments