Wall-E: A Review of Sorts

Posted by Pink is God's | 6:31 PM | 2 comments »

Wall-e is a mixed bag. I don't usually like movies with a socio-political agenda, and believe me this movie has one, but I actually liked where it went. Giving away, or someone giving away, the plot of a movie is unethical in my opinion so I will refrain from such. I will say that this movie was kept clean and kids and adults alike can enjoy.

I will warn you this movie is a smack in the face to our consumptive society. It takes our glutenistic nature as humans to another level and lays waste to humanity. Sounds grim right?!? Well in the end there is a turn and Disney and Pixar find some redeeming nature and break the bonds of our brain washed beings.
All-in-all, if you can look past the agenda you will see a cute, clean, harmless, and pleasant kids movie that they will love and you can pick apart.
The graphics were top-notch, would you assume anything less from Pixar. We actually enjoyed the opening cartoon even more than Wall-e. It was a story about a magician and a rabit. It was priceless, so I guess in that sense we got our money's worth.
I wouldn't worry about letting my kids watch this movie again. I know they were wondering what happened to earth, this was a question they asked, so I think that there could be a little worry and anxiety that could potentially kick in, but that's a stretch. They were just happy that in the end Eve and Wall-e had there long awaited holding of "hands".
4 reels out of 5

2 comments

  1. Irun Man // June 28, 2008 at 8:48 PM  

    Thanks for the review and commentary! The boys want to see Wall-E and, after your 4-reel rating, we'll definitely have to see it when I get back!

  2. Anonymous // June 29, 2008 at 8:03 PM  

    Just wondering if you had a Coke while enjoying the movie? I miss you, my friend! : )