15: How Weak

Posted by Pink is God's | 8:56 PM | 4 comments »

I started doing push ups again today. Unfortunately it's been so long since I've done any strength training that I could only do 15 in a row. Of course having been a PE teacher for a few years I've had to teach how to do a proper push up. So here is the challenge, how many "proper" push ups can you do in a row. I know that most of you can do far more than 15 in a row, but I will be working on that number. So although it's embarassing it's a way that I can push myself to be stronger and get fit. Once a week I will update you on my progress, if I don't get onto me.

4 comments

  1. Tricia // July 9, 2008 at 9:40 PM  

    Can we do them with our knees on the ground.....the lame way??? I am soooo out of shape!! Good luck with yours though : )

  2. Irun Man // July 10, 2008 at 7:24 PM  

    Fifteens not bad to start with. I know a lot of high school athletes that can't do 15 pushups. I'm up to 40, which may not sound like alot for a runner, but have you seen how skinny my arms are? lol

  3. Nathan // July 10, 2008 at 7:41 PM  

    Ugh . . . I've been thinking about starting a fitness routine recently as well. Notice the "Ugh". Now that I know someone else is doing this, I definitely feel like I should. I may curse your name next time I hit the treadmill!!! Thanks . . .

  4. Audra // July 10, 2008 at 7:50 PM  

    Emily and I had this conversation the other day. My opinion - push ups in skates are easier then superman's in skates. BTW: I can do 5 lame push up's without pausing.