Awesome Boy!

Posted by Pink is God's | 6:14 PM | 2 comments »

Taking a break from my cynical, editorial, negative self to brag about my boy! For the past two years I've been teaching him about what it means to be a gentleman. Things like opening doors, letting the ladies go first in line, and not giving up. For some reason those are three things I think a gentleman does, I'm sure there are many more. Anyway the other day I realized he was opening doors for his mom and sister. Nobody told him to. I just watched, calmly pulled out my phone, and took a picture. He asked me what I was doing and I just told him I wanted a picture of him. I love him. I really, really love him. And now I'm crying.
What things do you think of when you think of a gentleman?

2 comments

  1. God'sProp777 // July 17, 2008 at 8:19 AM  

    That is awesome of Lucas. He is growing into a fine young man. Here are a few I can think of: Getting flowers unexpectedly for the woman you love, Doing any helpful task without being asked, and Letting the wife win an argument. Speaking of growing up, Gavin asked me "Daddy, who makes us do things?" So we had a nice spiritual discussion on who influences how we choose to do things. Fun times. Can't wait to see you guys next week!!!!

  2. Unknown // July 17, 2008 at 7:21 PM  

    You are right! You have an awesome boy!! I wish there were more fathers like you.

    A gentleman says, "excuse me and I'm sorry, please and thank you".
    He does not interupt.
    He does not make fun of.
    He does not argue.

    I enjoy your blog!