Just sitting watching Miley Cyrus do her thing on the Disney Channel. My daughter has been waiting for this 3-D show for a while now. I think she's a great entertainer. I'm wondering about one thing, where's she going to go? What happens when she really grows up? I'm a little worried. My daughter really likes Hannah Montana. As Sidney grows up I don't think that's going to get any weaker, if anything it'll get stronger. What's Miley's next move? Will she continue to do relatively harmless entertainment like her TV show, concerts, and TV rock concerts, or will she lead a generation of girls down a slippery slope. There may be a time as a dad where I have to put the preverbial breaks on and let Sidney know that she can't watch good ole Miley anymore. I'm sure I will find a way to do it in a loving way but that will be a sad day.
Here's what I see happening:
Miley continues to do her show for the next couple of years.
She does her concerts.
Then she ventures into a show like the new 90210 and compromises a little bit at a time.
Then as she moves into her mid 20's she gets offered a show like Sex in the City and the offer is just a little too good to pass up. (She was a fan of Sex in the City)
Eventually she starts doing some risque movies.
By the age of 30 the compromise is complete and she has taken a group of girls along for the ride.
I really hope this isn't the case, I need to start praying for Miley Cyrus. If she can make it through the pressures and garbage of the entertainment and be a great role model all the way through I would have to stand up and cheer. Until then I'll have to keep watching.

1 comments

  1. bryan vickery // July 27, 2008 at 7:37 PM  

    it's hard to be positve when you see this happening time and time again. i'm worried about the superstar status miley cyrus has with kids. a let down waiting to happen? i hope not.