Senor Suave: Julian Diego

Posted by Pink is God's | 3:33 PM | 6 comments »

My grandfather passed away 20 years ago. I always thought of him as "the man". He just had this way about him, he was just suave. He had something else going for him also, he was a Spaniard. There's just something about that word, Spaniard, that just drips with suave. He was a man in my life that I thought was seriously smooth.

I was young when he died and unfortunately I didn't get to spend a lot of time with him. Recently I have been having memories of him wearing a fedora. This led me to wanting to get a fedora hoping that it would make me half as smooth as he was. Last Thursday, after a month long search I finally found the fedora for me. I put it on and I just knew it was my style and my Grandfather Julian would look so good in it. I purchased it.


I got home and I called my mom and started to tell her about my hat and she asked what a fedora was. I explained that it was the kind of hat grandpa used to wear and she commented that grandpa never wore hats. I was so bummed. Either I just imagined him in a fedora, or I thought that he would've looked great in one. I guess either way my fedora reminds me of my Grandfather Julian. I guess it's a little odd having a memory of something that never happened, or something reminding me of someone that there was never a conection made with, but I don't mind. Whenever I throw on my fedora I will think of Julian Diego, Senor Suave, and I will ask my friends to call me Julian, after all what better nickname is there to call a man in a fedora.

6 comments

  1. Unknown // July 8, 2008 at 4:56 PM  

    Thumbs up on the fedora--it is you.

  2. Irun Man // July 8, 2008 at 7:55 PM  

    Hey Julian! Nice hat, err, fedora! (snicker > cough > chuckle) I want to see you coaching volleyball with that on!!! ;] ~ "Senor Suave"

  3. Irun Man // July 8, 2008 at 7:57 PM  

    Actually, after further examination of the picture of you wearing the fedora, if you were bald and had a lollipop in you mouth I think you'd look like Kojak! (At least a slight resemblance.)

  4. Keym // July 8, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

    It is a flipping sweet hat dude

  5. Coby // July 9, 2008 at 4:59 PM  

    I love two things about this blog:

    The picture of your thinking face

    and

    The phrase "dripping with suave."

  6. Tricia // July 10, 2008 at 11:11 AM  

    Thanks for the afternoon laugh senior suave!! I was missing my grandma just last night. Seems like when I am having a hard time sleeping she always comes to my mind....wish I could hug her one last time!