Target: Missing the Target

Posted by Pink is God's | 7:09 PM | 1 comments »

I was in Target yesterday, because I like Target, but also because I didn't want to go all the way to Walmart. I guess that was a mistake. I needed some water balloons for youth group. I mosied, that's right, mosied, back to the toy section and looked for a while but couldn't find any water balloons. I then located an associate and asked where they kept there water balloons, he looked at me and told me that they didn't have any. I then asked if that meant they were out or they just didn't carry water balloons. He told me that they weren't carrying them because they were now putting out there back to school stuff.
I thought...
Really...
It's July 12th and they've decided to forfeit three quarters of the summer to put out back to school items a month and a half before school starts? I'm confused! My kids just got out of school, right? When are we supposed to buy water balloons? I guess Target figures that everyone buys all the water balloons they're gonna need in June.
Fortunately I was able to find water balloons at Toys R Us and Walmart, a lot of them. Sorry Target, I like you, but there's some bad publicity for ya.

1 comments

  1. Sue // July 13, 2008 at 8:05 PM  

    On a similar note, the local Hallmark store had their Christmas ornament extravaganza yesterday . That seemed highly odd to me, since it was hot and extremely humid...wasn't thinking a whole lot about Christmas.