The Five Most Influential Men (Living)

Posted by Pink is God's | 12:28 PM | 2 comments »

When I think of influence I think of something that pushes me to go one way or another. There can be good influences and there can be bad influences. This is a list of the positive influential people in my life. We may get to a list of the negative influences in another post, but without further ado:
1. Kris Sorensen--I would say what puts him atop this list is his immense love for God and his accessibility. I live within 4 miles of him which is a plus. Kris strives for excellence in everything he does. This influences me to strive for excellence also. I fail far too often but I am striving for excellence more, however hard that is to believe.
2. Jason Morones--My best friend in college, along side Kris, is a man who is a God lover and who has been in youth ministry for the past 11 years. Jason and I talk on the phone regularly and encourage each other in ministry. It's nice having a man of God who has been in youth ministry for so long as a resource. He is also a great speaker and will make a great lead pastor someday. He is content where he is right now as a youth pastor and listens to God direct him. He is in California right now at Rose Drive Friends Church, he is the Jr. High Pastor.
3. Francis Chan--I would call him "a man after God's own heart". There is just a genuineness about him that is undeniable. He wants to please God, period. If we were friends he would definitely be on speed dial. Talking about a great Starbucks run, Kris, Jason, Francis, and myself all sipping on Salted Caramel Hot Chocolates. We could solve all of the world's problems! LOL!
4. Dad--There's just something about dad. There was a time that I looked up to him. I still do but I feel like I can just have a conversation about God or ministry with him now without feeling like I am below him. I can also tell when he talks to me that he's proud of me. That makes me feel good. If my dad and I were to have a difference of opinion about something in ministry it would definitely influence me because of the time I know he's put into knowing God and His word.
5. Steve Fee and Chris Tomlin--These two leading worshippers have taught me a lot about what it means to worship God and about vertical worship. Worship that is directed at telling God how awesome, great, magnificent, and wonderful He is. Sometimes we can get caught up in ourselves and our needs when it comes to "worship". These two gentlemen have a one tract mind when it comes to true worship, GOD!

2 comments

  1. Anonymous // December 1, 2008 at 8:19 PM  

    Hey Jamesy,

    I am speechless and humbled by your comments. Believing Gods very best for you and yours...

    Chief

  2. Unknown // December 7, 2008 at 10:49 AM  

    Ok James, your title said the "5" most influential men! You put 6 on your list. I'm going to have to ask you to cut someone. Who's it going to be???