I'm officially a Hoosier!

Posted by Pink is God's | 6:12 PM | 4 comments »


Today I went to the BMV, it was so exciting. I had to take the dreaded written test, dum, dum, dum! I studied a little and felt pretty good. As I took the test I stared to mark those questions I wasn't quite sure about. You probalby know this but you are able to miss six on the regular question part of the test and two on the sign part of the test. As I marked those that I had questions on I got to the end of the test and found that there were seven regular questions that I wasn't quite sure of and three sign questions that I was questioning. This made me pretty nervous. I went back over the test and fixed some things and felt a little better but I was still nervous. I took it to the front and handed it in, it's been a while since I took an important test, I thought as I walked up. They corrected it in a few minutes. The lady then looked at me and asked me if I wanted to see it, I said yes. I looked at the marks I had made and noticed that I had missed some, I had also missed one that I thought for sure I had gotten right. Okay enough of the suspense. I passed, I didn't miss any of the sign questions. I missed five of the other questions. It seems like I don't know what the age limits are to obtain a license. Something that I didn't really feel bad about not knowing since I am not 16, 18, or 21 and my oldest child is seven. I guess it was just something I didn't have to know since I am 35 and have been driving for 17 years.
Oh by the way, I found out that my vision is going down hill. I used to be 20/13, I am now 20/40. I'm getting old. I missed one number in each section. I used to be so proud of the fact that I didn't seem to need glasses, now I do. The lady informed me that 20/40 is the worst vision you can have and drive without help from contacts or glasses. It looks like I'm going to an eye exam soon. Well at least I have five years until I have to renew.

I am a Hoosier! I think I'll watch the movie to celebrate.

4 comments

  1. Mommy pfohl // September 21, 2007 at 6:56 PM  

    I knew there was something scary about you behind the wheel... YOU CAN'T SEE! I'll know now instead of waiving... pull to the side of the road. =) Man, 20/40 is what I get excited about with my glasses on! Ha!

  2. Derek Chalfant // September 22, 2007 at 3:18 AM  

    So your a hoosier now, guess the basketball goal will be up soon and we will all be over to the Pinkertons to play euchre some evening. Did they have a question on there about the orange cones and barrels being the new state tree?

  3. bryan vickery // September 23, 2007 at 6:40 AM  

    you've officially been welcomed once the mosquitos start swarming you. by the way, mind if i borrow some of the Off that's dripping from you arms and legs?

  4. Aaron Black // September 23, 2007 at 12:09 PM  

    How convenient. Golf ends and you suddenly get your license. Could it be you were afraid to drive the short bus? Or simply the fact that you enjoyed torchering me with find you a driver or driving you myself?

    INTERESTING!!!!!!!!!