Old Sports Cards

Posted by Pink is God's | 4:20 PM | 0 comments »

Well not really old, most of them are from the 90's. My son and I are now collecting cards. I pulled out several of my old boxes and we've been going through them the last couple of evenings. I noticed something funny about them, I can't remember many of these pro athletes. It's funny how much I know about sports, just ask PK, and how there are so many athletes who are out of there respective sport now. So many men have strived to be in professional sports only to watch there dream become a short lived season.

There were many names I did recognize that were only in professional sports for a short time and then I was saying "What happened to this guy." I remember saving the rookie cards of many players thinking when this guy makes it big I'm going to be rich. Today I am looking at those same guys and saying did he even play a whole season?

Isn't that life. For every one one star there are 1,000's of flops. For every Griffey there are 1,000 Ray Sanchez's. For every Ladanian Tomlinson there are 1,000 Curtis Enis'. For every Michael Jordan there are 1,000 Sam Bowie's.

In life I guess it's important to go for your dreams but it's also important to live in reality. We are not all going to be superstars, actually I don't think anyone reading this blog will ever be a superstar, at least by this worlds standards. But God can use us for eternal purposes that go far beyond how many home runs we've hit, TDs we've scored, or slam dunks we've thrown down. Just think of the effect you have on eternity when God uses you to bring one person to him. You have just had a work in making sure that that person goes from spending eternity in hell to spending eternity with God in paradise. That should blow your mind!

Would you rather have the all time home run record or have a hand with God in saving a person's soul for eternity? Would you rather see your friend come to know God and hang out with them FOREVER or catch 100 TD passes thrown by Peyton Manning? Would you rather be a mixture of Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, and Lebron James, or sit around a camp fire in heaven one day with every person you planted a God seed in. Hey, these cards seem pretty lame now!

0 comments