American Idol is Back!!!

Posted by Pink is God's | 3:41 PM | 4 comments »


Following in my wifes footsteps I thought I would make you aware of one of my dear friends that has come back for its seventh season. American Idol is back and is already better than last year. I watched the first episode last night of the new season and I must say that they are catering this season to those of us who appreciate good singing. Last season they catered to all of those who wanted to see all of the train wreck auditions by playing almost exclusively garbage for the first four episodes. Last night they actually showed almost all worth while singers who had good voices. I was amazed. I really liked the guy who lost 200 pounds and sang a Maroon 5 song. I think he has a decent shot to make it into the top 20. The last girl was good also although I don't think she could even touch Carrie Underwood. For those of you who don't watch American Idol my post about once a week will make no sense to you, that's okay, just skip that one.

Last season my friends and I played a game with the show by having a draft and picking singers out of the top 20. I would like to report that I won that season by picking Sanjaya and Jordin Sparks. This year I would like to play again. If any of you out there are fans comment and let me know, I'll get you into our little game.

4 comments

  1. bryan vickery // January 16, 2008 at 7:56 PM  

    shucks i missed it

  2. Coby // January 16, 2008 at 9:07 PM  

    heck yes! i'm in for the game! i felt so bad for that guy the first night that sang that song about Moses. i mean...i laughed, but still, i really did feel bad. everybody says that simon is a huge jerk, but he was the only one that remained composed during that audition and he ended up apologizing for the other two judges. i don't know about anybody else, but i thought that was really mean.

    and brian, how could you miss the premiere of american idol?? shame, shame!

  3. Derek Chalfant // January 17, 2008 at 3:15 AM  

    Last night was the first time in my life that I actually watched a whole episode and it really wasn't too bad except for the guy (David I believe) who wouldn't stop singing. Maybe we'll watch this year who knows.

  4. Cari // January 17, 2008 at 3:55 AM  

    American What? Never seen it...