Mancino's the Front Runner

Posted by Pink is God's | 6:34 PM | 4 comments »

Took the advice and caught some Mancino's today for lunch. Was pleasantly surprised with the experience all around. We entered and were greeted by the hostess and were told that we had to order and then be seated. We asked if we could take a menu to our table and were granted our wish. After much deliberation I went to the hostess to order and pay. The meal for my family came to $26, this included a 16' pizza, five bread sticks, and four drinks. Not a horrible price but not a great price either. At the register I asked if they had any deals or family specials and they told me, politely, "No". This was an unfortunate set back on an otherwise pleasant visit.

We sat at our booth after we got our drinks and chatted. It took a little while but not an unduly amount of time. Our food came out and the gentleman serving us placed the breadsticks down and then immediately apologized for the pizze because it had been mismade. He then told us we would be getting another pizza, the right pizza, but we could begin with this one. I was impressed with the apology and the fact that this man wanted to make things right immediately, the correct pizza was already in the oven. He also explained that he had brought a take home box because he thought we might want to bring some of the pizza home. This is the way all good customer service should be. I was enormously impressed.
Now to the pizza itself. It was almost great. It was very good. I think I could have had a more flavorful sauce, that may be my only complaint. It was a very serviceable pizza.
We brought a whole pizza home and the kids ate on it for dinner. So basically we got two meals for $26.
All-in-all I was very pleased with my Mancino's experience. I will be eating at this establishment again and potentially take a friend or two with me. Much better than Pizza Hut, Pizza King, Papa John's, or Domino's. Thanks Derek! Not quite a Round Table but it will due for now.

4 comments

  1. Tonya // June 24, 2008 at 6:33 AM  

    I really enjoyed their pizza because of all the cheese! Of course we ordered extra cheese! And their breadsticks were awesome. Just an overall good experience at Mancinos. Thanks Derek!

  2. Coby // June 24, 2008 at 12:12 PM  

    Never had Mancino's before. I'll have to check that out sometime.

  3. Derek Chalfant // June 24, 2008 at 1:05 PM  

    Glad I could help and yes Coby, you will have to check it out. What kind of pizza did the Pinkertons partake of?

  4. Irun Man // June 26, 2008 at 6:55 PM  

    You may not be aware of this, but Mancino's is also famous for their grinders (a type of sub.) The chicken grinder is my favorite, although I like the Italian as well. Give one a try next time. There's a pizza place in Ohio that a lot of teachers I work with rave about, but I can't remember the name at the moment. When I find out, I'll let you know. Also, I have some students that work at Marco's Pizza in Greenville. It's good, but not what you're looking for.