Golf is Amazing!

Posted by Pink is God's | 7:47 PM | 4 comments »

This afternoon I witnessed a high school girl take apart the golf course which I've played regularly since I have arrived here in Farmland. Trisha Champ shot a 34 for the nine holes she played. Yeah that's a 2 under par.
I can almost assure you that I will never shoot a 34 at Hickory Hills or any other golf course. How does a 17 year old High School girl from Jay County shoot a 34?!? Interestingly enough if you google Trisha's name you'll find her hole in one on 9/11/5 and her school record on 8/2/6, which of course she broke today.
After a great round like this I did what any good youth pastor would do, I asked her what her plans were. I really enjoyed my conversation with her and we talked about where she would be going to school next year. She told me Ball State, which is the school it seems every senior tells me they want to go to. We then talked about Anderson University and I told her I went to a Christian School and she asked me how I liked it. I told her it was great and I encouraged her to look into Anderson, I have heard it is a great school. I need to visit Anderson by the way, so I know what I'm talking about.
At the end of our conversation I asked her to attend youth group, she would be a great addition. I don't know if she will come but it would be great if she showed up some Sunday night.

4 comments

  1. bryan vickery // August 30, 2007 at 4:51 AM  

    34... not bad... but what side was it on?

  2. Anonymous // August 30, 2007 at 6:07 AM  

    Impressive!

    Hardacres and Abby W. can give you more info on AU. (There are probably others, I just can't think of them this morning!)

  3. Pink is God's // August 30, 2007 at 6:28 AM  

    They played the front.

  4. Kris Sorensen // August 30, 2007 at 6:33 AM  

    James don't you dare take any golfing tips from her - I don't need you beating me with a 34 of your own.

    However if she comes to youth group I have a few questions I'd like to ask her about my swing ;-)