55 MPH

Posted by Pink is God's | 8:02 PM | 3 comments »


(Warning: The following is a editorial on my life, not on anyone else's life. It is a judgement on myself and in no way is a judgement on others. If you are worried that this editorial may in anyway change your habits please look away now.)


I was driving home today and I noticed that yet again I set my cruise control at 58 MPH. Then I thought to myself, why am I setting my cruise control at 58? The speed limit is 55. Why would I set the cruise at 58 evertime I get in a 55 MPH zone? Do I really need the extra time that badly? How much time could I really be saving anyway? Let me do the math: Actually forget that, basically it might be a couple of minutes. Actually I don't think it has anything to do with time to me, it has to do with people's perception. I'm embarrased for some reason if people think I'm a slow driver. Why? For that matter, why would people make fun of people because they follow the law. I guess I just don't get it.


Anyway, the next time you drive up on a orange box on the 32 just honk and wave as you pass. That's just me doing the speed limit.

3 comments

  1. Cari // December 4, 2007 at 5:51 AM  

    I know, I agree with you. I often wonder why I feel like I need to go over the speed limit, like I have something to prove. I rarely go more than 5 miles over the speed limit, and some how I feel justified, like at least I am not going as fast as others...so silly of me.

  2. Kris Sorensen // December 4, 2007 at 6:28 PM  

    I must say, this is a strange post coming from a Californian... I applaud your integrity my friend. I will smile and wave as I leave you in the wake of my dust :-)

  3. Mommy pfohl // December 5, 2007 at 2:53 AM  

    Well, I would have used to been able to leave you in the wake of my dust... BUT, God has convicted my heart... or I just dread arriving at my destination... haven't decided! So, if you see a little silver van putting behind you... wave... IT'S ME!