Abiding in Christ?

Posted by Pink is God's | 1:10 PM | 3 comments »

How do we do that? John 15:4-11 talks about Christ being the vine and us being the branches. We can only produce fruit while we are in the vine. In other words Christ is the producer of fruit. We have to remain in Him or abide in Him. How do we do this? I'm used to the usual answers; Bible reading, praying, solitude, fasting, etc., how else do we abide in Christ. In what ways can I do this through out a hectic day of meetings, paper work, visits, preparation, and what not. I'm just curious what you guys think.

3 comments

  1. Tucker // January 29, 2008 at 3:40 PM  

    James, one of my favorite books is a book called "The Practice of the Presence of God" by Brother Lawrence. In it he talks about living so that all the things we do during the day are things we do with God. It is not on our knees praying without ceasing but a practice of interacting with God...."Father what do you think about this?" or how are we going to handle this?" or even "How can I tell my wife how much I love her today?" :{) It is a great book and you can print your own copy by going to:
    http://www.practicegodspresence.com/brotherlawrence/

  2. Pink is God's // January 29, 2008 at 5:49 PM  

    Thanks! I'll take a look. I've heard ot this book before but I've never read it. Hope all is well in Texas. We miss you!

  3. Tonya // January 31, 2008 at 8:41 AM  

    I'm reading Praise Habit by David Crowder. His whole point so far is that why don't we look for God in our every day activities. He even goes so far as to say I want to abide in Christ so frequently that it becomes a habit. I think that's true, finding God in everything or just staying in constant communication with Him all day. I want to be the kind of person who looks for ways to give praise to God in everything I do.