Bag O Lettuce

Posted by Pink is God's | 2:24 PM | 8 comments »


I just got off the phone with my nutritional expert. She is my new guru of health and wellness who I have to talk to once a week and set goals with. My first nutritional goal is to eat five salads. That sounds easy enough. The problem is the amount I am supposed to eat. She said she wants me to eat one salad as a meal everyday. When I asked "is the kind of lettuce you want me to eat one of those bags of lettuce?" She said "yeah, the whole bag is what you'll eat for a meal!" Don't get me wrong, I like salad. But when I started thinking about how much Blue Cheese dressing I would have to put on that much lettuce it kind of blew me away! Then she informed me that blue cheese would not be the appropriate dressing. I was taken aback! Then I realized I don't really like salad at all, I like blue cheese dressing. What am I going to do now? She suggested ginger dressing, or vinnegret. I'm now on the look out for a good low fat, low oil dressing to go with my Bag O Lettuce everyday. Do any of you have any suggestions?

8 comments

  1. Mommy pfohl // January 31, 2008 at 7:06 PM  

    Kraft makes a "free" Italian dressing. THey come in several flavors... there is even a creamy one. Jeff likes that on his salad... salad spritzers are a great thing too... vinigerette with flavor and still no fat! =) Good luck.

  2. Marggy Hensley // January 31, 2008 at 7:09 PM  

    A good sweet vinnigret made with jelly is quite tasty. You can pick the flavor of jelly you like best. Just get the all natual kind with low sugar and mix it with balcalmic vinger season with salt, pepper and lemon juice add olive oil while mixing with a wisk. Yummy and low cal.

  3. bryan vickery // January 31, 2008 at 7:51 PM  

    an entire bag of lettuce? how big is this bag? have we not come up with a salad pill yet?

  4. Pink is God's // January 31, 2008 at 8:41 PM  

    It could be worse, they could be telling me to eat a whole bag of brocolli!

  5. Tucker // January 31, 2008 at 9:28 PM  

    Just get the vinigerette and put craisons and pecans on the lettuce and you don't need the blue Cheese.
    It tastes great!

  6. Tricia // February 1, 2008 at 6:51 AM  

    Paul Newman makes a really yummy one called Light Balsamic Vinaigrette...45 calories for 2 tbls....it's actually really good!! I agree with the craisons and walnuts.....delish!! Good luck : )

  7. Kris Sorensen // February 1, 2008 at 7:33 PM  

    I can't believe you told her you were going to put blue cheese on it - did she gasp or laugh?

    I say put half a bottle of blue cheese on it, you want to be dead by 70 anyway - live it up brother!

  8. Anonymous // February 2, 2008 at 11:32 AM  

    My question is can you put bacon on your bag of lettuce? Bacon is a food group in Indiana. Good luck with the Rabbit Food.