One Month Down... 407 To Go!

Posted by Pink is God's | 11:05 AM | 1 comments »

Well I'm on my way with my new oath. I have been reading my Bible and I am working my way through the trials and tribulations that make up Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. I'm actually at Numbers 28 as we speak (I guess I can't use that saying because we are not speaking).
The other part of my oath was to grow in knowledge of God this year in a practical way. Hence (nice word James) I have started a facebook group called Theology Talk! It has been great seeing people from all over the country come together and have discussions on God and His ways. I have grown in my knowledge of God by doing research, having an argument, and something to say (even if it is wrong). If you want to check this group out be my guest, anyone can join:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10864527743

I don't know if it will show up for you if you are not a member of facebook, but you can give it a shot.

You might be wondering what my title is about. Well, my wife's not going to like me talking about this, close your eyes darlin', but I want to die before I'm 70. I'm not going to commit suicide or anything like that but I want to get to heaven before I get super old. I know 70's not super old, it's just the age I came up with. Anyway if I die in December of 2042 I will be 69. I figure so far my oath has made it through one month, I only have 407 months to go with this oath before I am in heaven with my God! Not that it hasn't been a pleasure, don't get me wrong, coming closer to God everyday. It's just sometimes I beat myself up if I do the wrong thing. I know when I get to heaven I will just be with God forever. Woo-Hoo!!!

1 comments

  1. Tucker // February 1, 2008 at 8:25 PM  

    It does not matter what you want, James God is the one who has the final say in your life. As you get older YOU WILL want to live a little longer to see your grandkids grow in the Lord and in their lives. I used to think 70 was OLD! Now its just a little old. But My 54th BD came today and I am a little philosophic.
    May You Live Long and Prosper!