Ode to Email

Posted by Pink is God's | 10:48 AM | 0 comments »

Does it ever seem to you that in this digital age of computer, cell phones, PDA's, etc. that there always seems to be something that goes wrong to the point that you can't communicate effectivly with anyone. We had a problem here at the church a couple of months ago with our e-mail and they shifted us to g-mail. While in the shift evidently my outlook box didn't want to send out but I could still receive. I have felt kind of lousy about this. Today I was all fixed up with some help from a professional. Steve from Muncie made it possible for me to actually use the e-mail to send, YEA Steve!!!
We have come to rely so heavily on e-mail in our work environments that if there is something wrong we feel like we are living 10,000 miles away from person we are trying to communicate with until we see them face to face again. What happened to pen and paper. For that matter, what happened to simply typing a note up on my computer, printing it out, and sending a note to someone. Actually, I think it has to do with money. I don't have to pay anything to send something over the e-mail. With letters I have to have paper, pen, computer, stamps, and extra time to put it all together.

So I say Ode to Email! We have been blessed with your presence in our lives! You have made our world a cheaper and more convenient place to live!

That is as long as you work.

0 comments