My Children's First Official Bracket

Posted by Pink is God's | 7:44 PM | 5 comments »

Interesting picks were made last night at the abode. I asked my kids to make their first picks ever for the NCAA tournament. I did not give them any advice, no explanation, no hints, or helps I just read the two teams playing and they made their picks. I thought I would give you some of the surprising results. Or at least their final fours:

Lucas

Indiana (I think you'll be happy with this one!)
Kansas
UCLA
Austin Peay (He has a friend named Austin, they are a 15 seed)

Sidney

Kansas
UCLA
Oregon
American (Sidney is very Patriotic, they are a 15 seed)

I have done many brackets this year, most of them experimental. You know how everyone always says you could just flip a coin for every game and do as well as someone who studies the stats or RPI? Well I did it, I flipped a coin for every game in the tournament. Here is that final four:

Coin Flip Final Four

St. Joseph's
Kansas
Pittsburgh
San Diego

Pittsburgh beats St. Joseph's in the Final

And here is my RPI final four:

Tennessee
Kansas
UCLA
Memphis

I did stray from the formula here in the final, UCLA and Tennessee meet in the final and UCLA is a 1 seed and Tennessee is a 2 seed. Although Tennessee is ranked first in RPI I have UCLA beating them in the final. You can call it bias. I like to call it brilliance!

Now for my official bracket, or at least the one I am claiming as my #1 bracket:

Final Four

North Carolina
Kansas
Texas
UCLA

UCLA beating Kansas in the Final. Hey, I can say my favorite team is going to win it all this year, they are a #1 seed! And they will win!

5 comments

  1. God'sProp777 // March 18, 2008 at 9:27 PM  

    I think your kids' brackets are awesome. Austin Peay all the way! I do however believe KU is the best all-around team in the country and will win it all!

  2. Derek Chalfant // March 19, 2008 at 12:00 PM  

    I like your final four but I got NC winning it all. Don't like picking an ACC school but its what I did. Just hope IU can win 1 game. What a great time of year.

  3. Keym // March 19, 2008 at 7:53 PM  

    Well last year I had Aaron Black fill out my bracket and I was 2nd. I was gonna have him fill it out again and he wasn't at growth group tonight. I guess that means that I am out of the running. Aw shucks

  4. Tucker // March 19, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

    Looks Like a great Final four James.
    KU, of course, will win! Everyone knows that. Also I have always liked UCLA way before you did. NC I haven't liked much, over the years, but I do like Roy Williams. I think Bill Self will be looking to Oklahoma State if he gets beat in the first or second round this year.

  5. Anonymous // March 22, 2008 at 3:39 PM  
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.